Wang Jinzhen(王锦珍), vice chairman of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade and representatives from 8 South Asian countries attended the forum to promote cooperation on new energy, tourism, agriculture transportation, IT, metals and infrastructure etc.
Rishad Bathdeen, Minister of Industry & Commerce of Sri Lanka presided over the forum.
The bilateral trade exceeded $2.8 billion between China and South Asian countries, which is a 40% increase compared to that of 2009. A breakthrough of $100 billion is expected to achieve between China and South Asian countries this year.
Pakistan is announced to be the next rotating chairman of China –South Asia Business Forum (CSABF).
A cooperation memorandum, in which several consensuses have been reached, is signed between China and South Asian countries yesterday afternoon (June 5) at Yunnan Convention Center.
The cooperation consensuses are as follows:
1. The common goal is to build the win-win cooperation relations and improve economic development standards and lives of people both in China and South Asian countries.
2. The regional economic development, bilateral and multilateral trade exchanges in new models will be promoted between China and South Asian countries.
3. Countries should strives to improve the trade opportunities, reduce barriers blocking the investment risks and eliminate relevant barriers on both tariff and non-tariff areas.
4. Countries should strengthen the mutual visiting and exchanges to develop business trade.
5. China-South Asia Business Forum website and China- South Asia Business Council website should be fully used.
6. Related coordinator from each country should be confirmed to enhance communications.
7. Exchanges and trainings on laws and seminars should be held regularly.(Reporter:Lynn,editor: Minnie Mao)